Strategic Discussions for Nebraska interviewed selected local and state leaders, representing government, academia and business. Each was asked questions about economic drivers, community and state susceptibility, the state's role in the global economy and vision for the future.
The people we interviewed were selected based on their roles in Nebraska. You will find points of view based on agriculture; economic development; rural and urban perspectives; the University of Nebraska; state and local government; and business. You will read about efforts to grow the state's work force and thus, the state's economy. You'll learn about Nebraska's tax structure; what it takes to help a small community to thrive; how education is integral to the state's future; exports; efforts to recruit and retain the state's population; and the teamwork necessary to bring Nebraska together.
These stories represent Nebraska's challenges and opportunities.
- Focus on Youth, Opportunities, Bringing Nebraska Together with Richard Baier
- Agriculture: Nebraska's Chief Economic Driver with Greg Ibach
- Rural Infrastructure Vital for Nebraska's Future with Dr. Sandra Scofield
- Nebraska's Future Bright with Bold, Frugal Leadership with State Senator Bill Avery
- Agriculture, Incentives, Education Vital to Nebraska's Future with Nebraska Governor Dave Heineman
- Nebraska Population Aging, Shifting East with Jerry Deichert
- New Senator, Solid Vision with State Senator Kathy Campbell
- Lincoln, Omaha Must Cooperate for Future with Lincoln Mayor Chris Beutler
- Education, Leadership, Cooperation Keys to Nebraska's Future with Peter Kotsiopulos
- Equalizing Earning Potential = Billion-Dollar State Impact with the Bright Futures Foundation
- Education, Agriculture, Positivity Forecast Nebraska's Future with Roger T. Larson
- Nebraska Center for Entrepreneurship: "Innovation is the quickest way out of a recession" with Kathleen Thornton